Where Search Stumbles
Searching the Web, I can find the text of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in Middle English or the definition of an elliptic curve. But can I find a nearby supermarket or pharmacy open at 2 a.m.? Clever as search tools are at ferreting out the obscure and global, they tend to fall down badly at the mundane and the local, despite major investments by search providers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis