Venture Capital in Asia? Think Philippines
If you're an investor thinking of putting some money into research and development in Asia, you're probably going to look at China and India, maybe Vietnam. It's unlikely you're considering the Philippines. The country is known for its call centers, and the semiconductors which make up 70% of its exports, thanks to factories like Intel's (INTC) semiconductor packaging plant. But the Philippines isn't exactly a hotbed of innovative startups and entrepreneurs.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner