Diversification didn't do much for you todayAaron Pressman
Apropos of my previous entry -- and perhaps equally amazing for fans of diversification -- only 9 out of 289 exchange-traded funds tracked at Yahoo Finance had positive returns today, led by the iShares Lehman 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TLT), up 1.3%, and the CurrencyShares Swiss Franc Trust (FXF), up 1.1%. All of the winners listed by Yahoo were either bond or currency funds. Commodity funds all fell as the scare in China could lead to lower demand from the Asian giant. The iShares GSCI Commodity Indexed Trust (GSG) lost 2.4%, for example. And international funds took it hardest of all. The iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index fund (EEM) lost 8.1% and its European counterpart (EZU) fell 5.6%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries