Volkswagen Goes Cashmere
Think of traditional car merchandise and chances are you'll picture a baseball cap, a mug, or perhaps a logo-bedecked key fob. Well, now Volkswagen (VLKAY) is aiming to offer something a little different—like, say, a cashmere wrap or a pair of slip-on driving shoes—for women. That's right. Despite earlier concerns that the VW brand was becoming too feminized (see BusinessWeek.com, 5/22/06, "The Craziest Ad Guys in America") and in the wake of Nissan's announcement that it's set to increase its marketing budget by 20% this year to focus on female consumers, manufacturers increasingly are focusing on women in their dialogue.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas