Hillary: A broker's best friend...Dean Foust
Came across this item on the Real Town web site that Hillary Clinton is sponsoring a bill that bars commercial banks from hiring real estate brokers/agents. Some were shocked that Hillary would effectively turn on the powerful banking interests in New York City and side with real estate agents, but its probably a shrewd political move: While bank executives might have been appreciative if she supported their efforts to expand into the real estate brokerage business, most are rockrib Republicans and would still be apt to back the Republic nominee. And most bank employees aren't going to reflexively vote for Hillary if she supported banks owning real estate brokerages. In the greater scheme, they probably couldn't care less. But as for real estate agents, this is an important issue and one that might draw Hillary some of their votes -- and their contributions, since agents tend to be particularly aggressive on the political front.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020