Gel-Kinsei: Plenty of Spring in the Step
The Good: Durable; excellent support; works as advertised
The Bad: Pricey; heavy
The Bottom Line: Shoes that live up to the hype that surrounded their launch
ASICS spent eight years and an estimated $3 million developing the $165 Gel-Kinsei. So it's little wonder that the makers opted to introduce the shoe amid fanfare, previewing the Gel-Kinsei at the 2005 New York City Marathon under a banner that simply read, "behold" and making the product available for purchase only at a small number of specialty running stores at a time.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations