A 'Gas OPEC'? Mostly a Pipe Dream
"An interesting idea." That's what Russia's President Vladimir Putin, speaking at an annual press conference for Russian and foreign journalists on Feb. 1, called the possibility of a "gas OPEC"—an international consortium or organization that would co-ordinate gas prices the same way that OPEC regulates world oil prices. "We are already trying to coordinate our actions on the markets of third countries. And we also intend to do it in future," Putin added.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas