PC Games Add $1 Billion to Record Gains
Following the recent news that the video game industry reached an all-new high in 2006, posting $12.5 billion in sales including portable and console hardware, software and accessories, The NPD Group has revealed that when factoring in the PC game industry, the total game industry in the U.S. during 2006 posted close to $13.5 billion in sales. That represents an 18 percent increase over 2005, and a 15 percent increase over 2002, which held the previous record.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline