A BLOG BRAWL TURNS PEACEFULAnne Tergesen
This blog has been far more fun and interesting than I anticipated. On a personal note, it’s like the diary I don’t have the time to keep. On a professional note, it’s helped me become a better, less inhibited writer. As a working parent, it’s been enormously helpful to get reassurance and tips from others who struggle with the same issues. Last week, I learned—upfront and personal—yet another lesson: That blogs, like radio call-in and TV talk shows, can foster misunderstanding rather than understanding, unless we're careful. The problem: To attract an audience, bloggers tackle provocative topics in provocative ways: Nuance can easily get lost. The relative anonymity—you rarely meet the people you’re sparring with—can also encourage fiery posts and exchanges.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations