A deal about nothingSteve Rosenbush
On the deal front, it has been a day of frustration and denial. Cablevision's board has rejected a sweetened $8.9 billion bid from the Dolan family. Now that the bidding for The Tribune Co. has come to an end, the lack of an announcement suggests that the board isn't about to accept any of them. And Federal Communications Commissioner Kevin Martin indicated today that XM and Sirius's satellite radio licenses would preclude the merger that many investors have been urging. Shares of XM dropped 10% and shares of Sirius dropped 7%. It's the Seinfeld effect: a story about nothing.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's