Houston Hip-Hoppers Are Living Large
His single Ridin' just received two nominations for the 2007 Grammy Awards, has sold over 3 million ringtones, and merited a parody by Weird Al Yankovic. His latest album The Sound of Revenge went platinum-plus. But is Hakeem "Chamillionaire" Seriki focusing solely on music? No. Like Russell Simmons (see BusinessWeek.com, 10/3/03, "The CEO of Hip-Hop"), Master P, and Jay-Z, Chamillionaire has the mindset and the business acumen of a serial entrepreneur.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's