Better Days Ahead for BenQ?
The messy demise of BenQ Mobile—the German mobile-phone unit that Taiwanese electronics company BenQ (BNQZF) bought from Siemens (SI) in 2005—has been painful for all parties involved. Siemens lost $1 billion on the unit before selling it and BenQ has taken a $300-plus million write-down on the assets. On top of that, nearly 3,000 employees are expected to lose their jobs in Europe.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's