Homebuilders Take Another Hit
Optimists may wish to dwell on a recent trickle of good news for the housing sector—including a report issued on Dec. 19 showing a 6.7% jump in new-home construction in November (see BusinessWeek.com, 12/19/06, "Housing Starts Perk Up in November"). But the third-quarter results issued by homebuilder Hovnanian Enterprises (HOV) after the close of trading Dec. 18 were a brutal reminder that the industry remains mired in a big slump.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas