Digg Burrows Down a New Path
The user-generated Web sites revolutionizing the way information is consumed in the 21st century are confronting the same question America's revolutionaries faced in the late 1700s: How much power should you give the people? America's forefathers, of course, decided against giving the masses too much. They fashioned the government into a republic, insisting that a pure democracy left the state vulnerable to foolish decisions made by an uneducated, or emotional, public.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline