Stocks Rise on Tame Inflation Data
Major stock indexes finished modestly higher Friday, though off their best levels, as the Dow hit new all-time closing and intraday highs following a mild inflation report. Trading was heavy due to quadruple witching, when monthly stock and index option expirations coincide with the quarterly expiration of stock and index futures contracts, says Standard & Poor's Equity Research.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing