Airlines Surge on Talk of Deals
Renewed speculation about airline industry consolidation sent the sector higher yet again on Dec. 13. United Airlines (UAUA) and Continental Airlines (CAL) are in early talks about a potential combination, according to reports in The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times. Meanwhile, AirTran Holdings (AAI) announced a $290 million bid for Midwest Air Group (MEH), which was rejected.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses