Setting Up Your New Business for Tax Time
It’s never too early to start thinking about how to reduce your tax burden. Startups are especially poised to make decisions that can help save them time and money on Apr. 15. Following these tips will make getting ready for tax season less stressful:
• Open a separate checking account for the business.
• Then keep all of your business expenses separate by paying for them only from the business checking account. And don’t pay for anything nonbusiness-related from this account.
• Buy accounting software to help maintain control of your records.
• Think about how your business entity structure can affect your liability, and consider if you need additional insurance.
Keith Hall National Tax Advisory National Association for the Self-Employed Grapevine, Tex.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Victim Stepped Suddenly in Front of Self-Driving Car
- Cambridge Analytica's Board Suspends CEO Nix Amid Inquiry
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse
- Facebook Sued by Investors Over Voter-Profile Harvesting
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time