Tom Wolfe Takes on the DevelopersBy
Tom Wolfe is rarely at a loss for words. This past Sunday, the dapper novelist (Bonfire of the Vanities, A Man in Full, etc., etc.) and preservationist issued a 3,644-word manifesto in the New York Times against a plan by German developer Aby Rosen to construct a 30-story building on Madison Avenue on Manhattan's East Side. Here's a snippet of Wolfe's prose:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash