What should magazines do online?By
About a month ago I wrote about my growing stack of unread magazines. I've been whittling them down, and I've been enjoying it--much more than the time I spend on magazine sites online. I see them as two different experiences. The online sites are for finding news, responding to it, and--on good sites--building communities. Magazines, for the most part, are for reading. That's one of the reasons I'm enjoying them so much: I like to read. I'd been spending so much time Web-grazing and writing and commenting that I'd forgotten that.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans