Catch F-2 for Spouses of Foreign Students

For partners of international B-school students, a dependent visa can mean a career put on hold

When Joy Belmonte-Alimurung left her home in the Philippines to join her husband, Raymond Alimurung, at Stanford's Graduate School of Business in 2005, the move from the urban environment of Manila to suburban Palo Alto, Calif., was more than just culture shock. It was, she says, "a 180-degree change in lifestyle."

To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.