The Race for Numero Uno in Latin Wireless
For the past five years, two mobile operators have been battling head-on to become the dominant player in Latin America: América Móvil (AMX), controlled by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim, and Telefónica (TEF) of Spain. Both have spent billions to snap up competitors and expand their networks for hemisphere-wide coverage. So far, América Móvil has the upper hand, with 113.9 million wireless clients to Telefónica's 78.8 million.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’