Stocks Smacked by Wal-Mart, Google
Wall Street returned from the Thanksgiving weekend Monday to fresh worries about the holiday shopping season. Stocks finished broadly lower, as Wal-Mart's (WMT) disappointing November results raised questions about the strength of retail sales and a bearish Google (GOOG) report hampered technology stocks. Futures-related sell programs and ripple effects from the dollar's plunge against the yuan and the euro also weighed on the market, says Standard & Poor's Equity Research.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances