What the Vote Means for Small Business
Now that the Democrats control both houses of Congress and hold the majority of governorships for the first time since 1994 (see BusinessWeek.com, 11/8/06, "Capitol Hill's New Reality"), what should small-business owners expect? To start: a possible increase in the federal minimum wage, at some point after the new lawmakers' Congress convenes next year. (Minimum-wage increases just passed at the state level in Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, and Ohio.)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day