Barring the Door at the Four Seasons
It was an unusual statement by any chief executive, let alone one who is trying to persuade shareholders to accept his bid to buy full control of the company. Yet on Nov. 6, Isadore Sharp, chairman and chief executive of the Four Seasons (FS) hotel chain, told investors and analysts that he was not willing to consider any offer for the company other than the one he had helped put on the table. "This proposal achieves all my objectives for Four Seasons and my family, and is the only one that I am prepared to pursue," he said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas