Oh, the Humanity!By
Every problem has to have a public face, and to many people, David Lereah is the public face of the housing slump. There is an entire blog devoted to trashing the genial Lereah, who is chief economist of the National Association of Realtors. People say Lereah was too upbeat about house prices in the boom (he wrote a badly timed 2005 book called "Are You Missing the Real Estate Boom?"). Now, they say, he has overreached to put a positive spin on the downside.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Times Square Subway Bomber Tells Police He’s a Follower of Islamic State
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner