Durable Orders High on Aircraft Surge
Boeing's (BA) hot streak is making its presence felt in some key U.S. economic data. According to a government report released Oct. 26, durable goods orders surged by a whopping 7.8% in September, spurred by a 27.6% jump in transportation orders. The September gain in the headline figure comes after a revised 0.1% decline in August (from -0.5% previously) and an unrevised 2.8% drop in July. Orders are up 11.4% year-over-year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances