Merck, Schering-Plough Get Boosted After Beating Forecasts
Merck & Co. (MRK) and Schering-Plough Corp. (SGP) reported stronger-than-expected third quarter results on Oct. 20, with help from their joint sales of cholesterol drugs. But Merck's earnings were far weaker as the Whitehouse Station, N.J.-based company slashes costs, fights generics and deals with legal battles.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans