Denmark Telco Improves with Age
GN Store Nord is a rare corporate phenomenon—a hot growth company that's 137 years old. The Danish company started in 1869 as the Great Northern Telegraph Company, morphed into an unwieldy conglomerate, then slimmed down to focus on phone headsets, especially cordless ones enabled with Bluetooth remote technology. A good move: Profits almost doubled last year to €112 million, while revenue rose almost 20%, to €744 million.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Stocks Drop as Investor Jitters Return; Euro Gains: Markets Wrap