More on SprawlBy
Last May I blogged on a new index of urban sprawl that said Pittsburgh, of all places, was the most sprawling. Discover Magazine picked up on the research in its September issue. Here's a press release about the Discover article, which includes this photo of San Francisco.
I point out the Discover story because the focus is a little different--it says that America is more built up than 30 years ago but no less densely built. In other words, green areas are being eaten up by genuine growth, not just sprawl. Also, Discover has much better illustrations than the Quarterly Journal of Economics had.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing