Vital Signs: Where is Inflation Heading?
September inflation reports should take center stage next week. Minutes of the Sept. 20 monetary policy meeting showed that the Fed expects inflation to gradually decelerate as the economy settles into a slower level of growth and energy prices recede. When it comes to gauging the risks to this relatively benign forecast, the minutes showed more concern about inflation staying above the 1% to 2% comfort zone than a serious breakdown in the economy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’