3G Means High Times for Towers
While wireless services stocks have retreated this year, one niche within the industry has stayed strong: wireless tower companies. The four publicly traded companies in this area—American Tower (AMT), SBA Communications (SBAC), Global Signal (GSL), and Crown Castle International (CCI)—have jumped an average of 29.6% so far this year (through Oct. 4), and are trading close to their 52-week highs. The shares got another boost from the Oct. 6 news that Crown Castle will acquire Global Signal for $5.8 billion, including debt, or $55.95 per Global Signal share.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks