Stocks Gain as Dow Skirts Record
Stocks finished modestly higher Thursday following a downward revision to second-quarter economic growth and a drop in weekly jobless claims. The Dow Jones industrial average briefly touched above its record closing high, only to pare gains. Investors were squaring up their portfolios for the end of the third quarter, while the outlook for economic growth and inflation remains unclear, says Standard & Poor's Equity Research.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing