Suing a Customer for Nonpayment

If you find yourself in the unfortunate but common situation where a customer or client has not paid you for services rendered or for merchandise already delivered, you have several options:

—Make a final demand for payment.

—Take legal action by filing a lawsuit in small claims court if the amount owed to you falls within the limited amounts allowed.

—Take legal action by filing a lawsuit in civil trial court.

—Any legal action you take against a customer would typically be filed in the county in which the customer resides or does business.

To read the full story on, click here


Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal.