Why Does Telecom Italia Want AOL Germany?
Telecom Italia Chairman Marco Tronchetti Provera may be gone, but his strategy to transform the former state-owned monopoly into more of a media company lives on. Only two days after the wealthy Italian industrialist resigned as chairman due to a squabble with the Italian government, Telecom Italia (TI) announced plans to buy the Internet access business of AOL Germany (TWX) for $857 million.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020