Vital Signs: A Soft Landing?
Just how soft is the U.S. economy? The latest July data showing further deterioration in the housing market has elevated concerns about consumer spending and prospects for solid economic growth going forward. So far, the data outside of housing still look pretty good, but investors will be looking closely at next week's bevy of reports for any indications of a broader deterioration in conditions.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States