Otaku: Japan's Consumer Fanatics
Slide Show >>
You can spot them at Tokyo's sprawling electronics bazaar called Akihabara (Electric Town). They're the geeky types who actually get a kick out of building their own personal computers and hunt endlessly for central processing units, routers, high-performance motherboards, and Wi-Fi antennas.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day