Keeping the low-brows in checkBurt Helm
Deep inside the Beltway, there is a place where humor goes to die. In that place, a few blocks from the toy safety advocacy groups and Ralph Nader’s offices, is the headquarters of the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS). Twice a year the group issues a report of complaints it has received concerning inappropriate liquor advertisements. While I admire this in principle, in reality DISCUS approaches the apex of absurdity. Up ahead is an excerpt from the report.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis