Free Wi-Fi—at a Price
Slide Show >>
A plan by San Francisco to blanket the city with free wireless Internet access may come as great news to residents eager to save a few bucks on broadband. But for the companies already in the business of selling wireless fidelity, or Wi-Fi, Internet access in almost 200 spots around San Francisco, it's likely to be a bane.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing