The Upside to Video Uploads
Over the past six months, a new generation of video Web sites has captured the attention of Internet users, the press, and investors. Revver, YouTube, Grouper Networks, MetaCafe, and Guba—along with more established players such as Google (GOOG), Yahoo (YHOO), iFilm, and Microsoft's (MSFT) MSN—are all jostling for attention in the user-created video space. Even AOL (TWX), seldom a leader, implores its subscribers to "break out your video cam and fill us in." This explosion in user-generated video led some analysts to predict recently that the video site "bubble" is ripe for collapse.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas