Toyota Hits the BRICs
Can anybody stop Toyota (TM)? The company's status as an astounding auto industry profit machine was reconfirmed on Aug. 4. Toyota posted yet another set of stellar quarterly numbers. Defying slumping auto markets in Japan and the U.S. during the three months through June, the Japanese carmaker's operating profits rose 26%, to $4.5 billion, compared with a year earlier. The operating margin for the quarter touched 9%. Net earnings increased 39%, to $3.2 billion, as sales rocketed 13.2%, to $49 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’