Bulgaria Lures Yankee Dollars
Even with the Cold War a receding memory, it was an incongruous sight: Russian MIG fighter planes flying wingtip to wingtip with U.S. F-15s from the Oregon National Guard in the skies above Bulgaria. "When I was a young diplomat working at our embassy in Sofia 20 years ago, this is something I would have never imagined," U.S. Ambassador John Beyrle told members of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria in June, as he recalled the U.S.-Bulgarian joint aerial exercise.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single