A Theme Park for India
The tree-lined streets of Bombay suburb Juhu is Bollywood country, home to many of India's cultural glitterati. Big homes are the norm. Shiv Sagar, the grandson of a fabled Indian film producer and media mogul, greets a visitor in a spacious room that could pass for a film set. It's decorated with a gargantuan painting featuring Hindu deities. That's fitting. After all, the Sagar clan is Bollywood's first family of Hindu mythical drama, a hybrid of solemn pageantry and entertainment that has shaped Indian popular culture for decades.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single