GDP Slowdown May Give Fed Pause
Second-quarter U.S. economic growth fell well short of expectations—and that may prompt the Federal Reserve to pause in its series of interest-rate hikes. U.S. gross domestic product for the quarter underperformed Action Economics' own forecast, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics reporting only a 2.5% rate of growth, vs. our forecast of 3.6%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis