If You Liked "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" ...By
... you'll love Glenn Kelman's account of his trip to Washington to testify on behalf of free enterprise in the real estate business.
Kelman runs Redfin, an online real estate brokerage based in Seattle and San Francisco. The congressmen were almost uniformly pro-Realtor and punched him around like a weight bag in a gym. The inquisitors didn't seem greatly concerned with consistency in their line of questions. He got, "If you're service is so great, why isn't your business bigger?" as well as, "Since you're not out of business, how could you complain?" Here's the link.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Stocks Under Pressure as Dollar Pauses; Pound Dips: Markets Wrap
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account