Skype Plans Hybrid Mobile/Wi-Fi Phones
Dual-mode GSM/wi-fi phones designed around Skype will probably hit the market by the end of the year, a senior representative of the company has revealed.
Skype's UK manager Alistair Shrimpton on Friday said the internet telephony giant was "currently working with all the major hardware companies such as Motorola and Nokia" to develop GSM/wi-fi devices with embedded Skype.
Shrimpton added: "We're also working with all the major software companies such as Symbian."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Stocks Under Pressure as Dollar Pauses; Pound Dips: Markets Wrap
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account