eBay's Management ShakeupRob Hof
eBay just announced a pretty big reshuffling of its management deck--and most important, the departure this fall of longtime exec Jeff Jordan, who had been president of eBay's PayPal unit since December 2004.
eBay periodically has moved its top-ranking execs around to new jobs, but this new round looks more sweeping than previous ones. The press release says Jordan's departure was "planned," and that he plans to spend more time with his family. But it's kind of odd that Rajiv Dutta, the former eBay chief financial officer who took over as president of eBay's Skype unit just a few months ago, is already changing jobs again, to replace Jordan as president of PayPal.
While it's too early in the morning for me to figure out what all this means for eBay, I'll be digging in later today.
Meantime, I bet we haven't seen the last of Jeff Jordan, who's about the most energetic guy I know. And eBay will sorely miss that energy at a time when it's facing a lot of new competition.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Stocks Under Pressure as Dollar Pauses; Pound Dips: Markets Wrap
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account