Matsushita's Award-Winning New Look
For years, Matsushita Electric Industrial was known by the unflattering moniker "Maneshita." Loosely translated as "copycat" from the Japanese, it was a biting but apt description of the tech company's stable of me-too products. The Osaka-based company's brands—National home appliances and Panasonic consumer electronics—had a reputation for top-notch quality and technology but dull styling or, even worse, blatant imitation.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks