Google's eBay Challenge
The battle to control your online wallet is about to get a lot bloodier. More than a year after search giant Google (GOOG) was rumored to be preparing an online payment service, GBuy finally looks set to launch in test mode as early as June 28. But while Google may have quickly become the dominant force in search advertising, it's unlikely there will be one winner in online payments anytime soon—if ever.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks