"Great News for the World"
Warren Buffett's gift of $31 billion to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is the largest gift in history by a multiple of 20, excluding the Gateses' $29 billion gift (see BusinessWeek.com, 6/27/06, "Buffett's Mega-Gift"). It will eventually drive the Gates Foundation's endowment to double its size. Indeed, the endowment of the Gates Foundation—already the richest in the U.S.—will be larger than the combined endowments of the other 9 foundations on the top 10 list.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders