$100 laptop jumps 40%By
Bruce Nussbaum writes that the much anticipated $100 laptop-- the centerpiece of an effort to bring more of the world online--has jumped to $140. Price can come down as volume grows. But this laptop's core market, that extra $40 could mean another week's work, or more. The laptop may price itself out of its target market, and end up selling to pennypinchers in rich countries.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- China Warns It May Retaliate If U.S. Imposes Metal Tariffs
- Box-Office Smash ‘Black Panther’ May Be Game Changer for Artists
- All 65 Aboard Plane Feared Dead in Crash in Southern Iran
- Apple’s New Spaceship Campus Has One Flaw – and It Hurts
- Winn-Dixie and Tops Owners Are Said to Prepare for Bankruptcy